Coaches play a critical role in the personal and athletic development of their athletes.
To coach, you must:
- be 16 years of age or older
- be available for the duration of the sport's program. (approx. 6 months for winter sports and 3 months for summer sports)
- take the National Coach Certification Program (NCCP) within your first year
- demonstrate good sportsmanship and co-operation
- have a great sense of humour and adventure
- model the values and goals of Special Olympics
You are welcome to attend a practice in the sport of your choice to get a feel for the organization, athletes and opportunities. The Head Coach will answer some of your questions and give you more information about how you can contribute to the sport.